Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aesthetics ...

I fell in love with Melbourne's art deco edge when I first moved here. I think it is something that everyone who lives in Melbourne can relate to, has an attachment to, memories of, etc ... I feel like the art deco aesthetic will work well for my concept as it has connotations of style, flair, being cosmopolitan, looks great in a cafe/bar setting.


Art deco cafe
I really like the pattern on the bar. Something similar would work really well in a logo/promo material.

Because a big feature of the space is going to be the dance classes I feel like a bit of a European flavour could be appropriate. Warm colours. Spanish style colours, terracottas, reds, yellow ...

This arcade game design has a great colour scheme. I like the name Spanish eyes too ... Hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment